"Dress shabbily and they remember the dress; dress impeccably and they remember the woman." - Coco Chanel



April 1, 2011

Four Spring Trends to Update Look Instantly

Saks sent us an email on "Five Trends to Update Your Look Instantly" and we decided to incorporate four of those trends for today's post. Hope you guys find them useful:)

1. PRINTS add interest


Outfit:

Coat: J.Crew
Blouse: Guess
Jeans: J Brand
Necklace: Vintage
Boots: Chanel
Purse: Chanel

Linda:

It's funny how fashion repeats itself. I've had this blouse ever since college and I guess at that time, crazy prints were in? Well who would've thought that prints, especially tribal prints would be huge this season. I always say that clothes are an investment and this is a prime example of saving money while staying current with this season's trends!

2. LONG LENGTHS work everywhere


Outfit:

Poncho & Top: F21
Earrings: F21
Bottom: H&M
Shoes: Steve Madden

Melanie:

Long skirts were everywhere at H&M as of late, so I couldn't help but pick out this little number to showcase for the post. I found this top at F21 and fell in love with the eyelet lace detail, which lends such a feminine touch to the look. The poncho came in handy to add a little warmth to today's shoot. I wore it a bit asymetrical to give the top some interest and the length fell right at the waist, which was perfect. Being petite, I need to be careful that my top and bottom are well-proportioned. Because of the length of the skirt, you want to be sure to choose something for the top that can give you shape, otherwise, you can easily be drowned in the skirt.

3. BOLD COLORS get noticed


Outfit:

Jacket: Juicy Couture
Blouse: J.Crew
Pants: Ann Taylor
Purse: Gucci
Bracelet: David Yurman
Ring: David Yurman

Linda:

It is so refreshing to see bright, fun colors on the runway. I'm not the type of girl to have only one color tone in my closet but instead, I've always been drawn to vibrant colors and interesting prints on clothes so it's exciting to see pops of color for this season. It was fun putting this outfit together after being inspired by all the color blocking in fashion magazines and these bight colors remind me that summer is (hopefully) coming soon.

4. TAILORED JACKET adds polish


Outfit:

Blazer: H&M
Top: F21
Bottom: Rock & Republic
Shoes: H&M

Melanie:

I love wearing blazers and this particular one has such a unique spin with the pleats detail along the back hem and near the pockets. The color is so versatile that you can wear it with many different outfits and most definitely bring the whole outfit together. Looking polished effortlessly, which I love. You can dress it up to be a bit more professional or you can wear it over pair of nice jeans for that casual look. I recently had my jeans tailored not too long ago and had asked the seamstress to keep the hem, which I must say did a pretty great job.

I was going to wear a pair of boots to complete the look, but found a pair of strappy sandals at H&M today that were just perfect. I've been looking for one that was comfortable to wear on daily basis and these sandals fit the bill. I could've walked in them forever and to have found them in my size, well that's just fate, I tell ya.

That's it. I hope this post helps summarize spring trends for this year. All it takes is just a couple of key items and your wardrobe is refreshed instantly without much effort or cost involved.

Until next time,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

"Fashion fades, only style remains the same."
— Coco Chanel

 
Powered by Blogger