"Dress shabbily and they remember the dress; dress impeccably and they remember the woman." - Coco Chanel



April 13, 2011

From Floral to Boho and Cherry Blossoms in the Air

Our post wouldn't be complete without having a photo session during Cherry Blossoms season and they were in full bloom that week. The greatest thing in living near Washington, D.C. is that you don't necessarily have to go into the city to appreciate cherry blossoms. We can see them blooming on any corner of the streets in MD and that alone signifies spring to us.


Oufit:
Top: H&M
Bottom: Banana Republic
Shoes: Steve Madden
Necklace: Michelle Chang mini horseshoe necklace w/ Tiffany's heart key pendant
Ring: Tiffany
Bag: Chanel

Melanie:

I just love the floral prints on this H&M top, which paired nicely over white knee-length shorts. The straps of the top were bit loose, but sewn together, so I was able to take apart the stitches and retie for better fit. I wanted to wear both the mini horseshoe necklace along w/ Tiffany's heart key pendant, but because the chains were the same length, they just overlap each other. So I decided to take off the heart key pendant and wear it on the same chain as the mini horseshoe one - problem solved. This Tiffany ring model is no longer on the website, since I had gotten it so many years ago, but the classic shape of it just adds a nice touch to any outfit. I love the bow detail on my shoes and they were surprisingly pretty comfortable to walk in considering the height. The nude color absolutely just creates the illusion of longer legs and who wouldn't want that.


Outfit:
Blouse: Patterson J. Kincaid
Jeans: Seven for all mankind
Shoes: Michael Kors
Necklace: Banana Republic
Bracelet: Hermes

Linda:

I bought this shirt this past winter after receiving a free $50 gift card in the mail from Neiman Marcus to spend on any full price clothing item (a blessing and a curse). Since there was no minimum purchase on the item, I ended up paying about $16 for the blouse--score! I was drawn to this shirt because of its light, flowy and very bohemian-like print, which is great since boho trend is big right now. Although I wasn't too familiar with this brand at the time, it's designed to be such an easy, soft, and comfortable blouse to wear that I've become of a fan of this designer (bought a tunic not too long ago). The necklace I'm wearing was purchased a week ago and I couldn't believe the luck I had. I was browsing around the jewelery section at Banana Republic and was immediately drawn to this piece, because of the tassles. Lately I've been looking for a long necklace with tassles or either a unique pendant and this felt like two combined in one!:) Best of all, it was on sale for only $15! I've been experimenting with this necklace on possible outfits it could go well with and it will definitely be making a repeat appearance in future posts to come;)

Until next time,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

"Fashion fades, only style remains the same."
— Coco Chanel

 
Powered by Blogger