"Dress shabbily and they remember the dress; dress impeccably and they remember the woman." - Coco Chanel



February 1, 2011

Hello February

We may be crazy enough to shoot in 20 degree weather, but we definitely wouldn't do it without adding some style to the occasion. That has to be some dedication right there, yes? A nice coat can always add a great touch to any outfit, so it's always good to invest in one that can last awhile. You can still make a statement without having to sacrifice the warmth.


Outfit:
Jacket: Alice and Olivia cape - original $395, bought $118
Shirt: Eddie Bauer - $20
Jeans: J Brand skinny - original $175, bought $95
Clutch: Balenciaga
Shoes: Ferragamo boots

Linda:
I just bought this cape about a month ago for such a steal at Neiman Marcus and loved that it was something different to add to my outerwear collection:) I love that it has a hood and there are sleeves that come with the cape! I have the option to wear this cape with the sleeves (very fitting) or just have it draped over whatever I decide to wear underneath. Since I was wearing a fitted long sleeved shirt, I utilized the sleeves that came with it for added warmth. I thought adding a nice clutch instead of a handbag would be a better way to compete the look without getting in the way of the cape.


Outfit:
Coat: ASOS Swing Coat - $99
Top: F21 Cable Turtleneck Sweater & black shirt - $19.99 & $3.50 respectively
Bottom: F21 Love Collection's Wool Blend Pencil Skirt & black tights - $19.80 $3.50 respectively
Jewelry: F21 Multi-Circle links necklace - $6.50
Shoes: Steve Madden black boots - $60

Melanie:
The one piece that I absolutely love is the swing coat from ASOS so I built this outfit around that and love how the coat flares femininely above the boots. To beat the 20 degree weather, I went with a thick turtleneck sweater that I layered on top of a long sleeve black shirt and if you think you can't wear skirts during winter time, think again. Pairing wool blend skirts with thick black tights will keep you nicely warm and top that off with some cute boots and there you have it - an outfit that can be stylish and warm at the same time - who knew.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

"Fashion fades, only style remains the same."
— Coco Chanel

 
Powered by Blogger