"Dress shabbily and they remember the dress; dress impeccably and they remember the woman." - Coco Chanel



January 14, 2011

OOTD: From Stripes to Solids

Bold Stripes w/ Taupe All Over

Top: F21 cardigan and B&W stripe tank top $13.80 & $9.99 respectively
Bottom: F21 skinny jeans $9.99
Scarf: H&M grey infinity scarf $17.80
Rings: Top Shop clustered rings $9.99
Belt: F21 brown loop belt $6.80
Shoes: Steve Madden over-the-knee wedge boots $48.97, original $99
Bag: BCBG Femme Fatale Medium Satchel $179, original ~$400

Melanie:
With the snow settling from the night before and the temperature still freezing at best, I decided to go casual comfy for warmth. What better way to do that than in layers. I love layering things to create an ensemble and this outfit was just that. Adding a belt gives the drape-y cardigan some shape to the body and rocking some over-the-knee boots in dark jeans completes the outfit. I'm pretty petite and was a bit nervous in wearing OTK boots; however, pairing them with black leggings or dark skinny jeans did the trick and gave the illusion of longer legs.


It's Not Always Black & White

Top: Ann Taylor Loft blouse and United Colors of Benetton cardigan $27 and $30 respectively
Bottom: Seven for all Mankind jeans $90 originally $150
Shoes: Taryn Rose $100 originally $300
Ring: David Yurman Smoky Quartz,Diamond
Necklace: John Hardy Pendant
Bag: Balenciaga PT Silver

Linda:
I woke up wanting to dress preppy (it's just one of those days). I bought the Ann Taylor blouse over the fall and LOVE the ruffle details on the front of the shirt. It makes it stand out from just a regular white button down, don't you think? I paired it with a dark wash denim because I knew I was going out to dinner later and thought that a dark wash would be more dressy for evenings compared to light wash. After adding a simple black cardigan to the outfit, I wanted some color to shine through so it only made sense to add red to finish it. Adding red shoes and my trusty balenciaga completed the look for me. Since there's so much going on with the ruffles on the blouse I wasn't sure if it be too much to add a necklace but alas, I couldn't help myself. The pendant is something I stole--I mean borrowed from my mom and it's just gorgeous, no? Simple yet eye catching. I'm a huge David Yurman fan (in case you couldn't tell) and the DY ring has special meaning to me. It was one of the first pieces of jewelry I bought for myself once I finally finished school and started to work. I usually wear it every time I go out so it will definitely be making repeat appearances:) Whether it be red or any other bright color, don't be afraid of adding a splash of color to an outfit!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

"Fashion fades, only style remains the same."
— Coco Chanel

 
Powered by Blogger